In the Event of a Claim
What to do if you have a claim:
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the individuals involved.
- Obtain a brief description of what occurred
- Obtain names and contact information for any witnesses
- DO NOT admit fault or claim responsibility. Provide facts based upon what you know to have happened. Cooperate with police or investigating authorities.
- As soon as possible contact us (your insurance agent) or your insurance company directly
- Take whatever steps necessary to prevent further damage (i.e. contact fire, police, emergency first responders, etc.) DO NOT put yourself in harms way.
- Make as comprehensive a list as possible of all damaged property. DO NOT throw any damaged property out until instructed to do so by your claims adjuster.
- As soon as possible contact us (your insurance agent) or your carrier directly to report the claim.
- Make sure the employee receives necessary medical attention as soon as possible.
- Complete the state required reporting form
- Contact Us or your work comp carrier to report the claim as soon as possible
- Get somewhere safe and call police if necessary
- Exchange contact information of all individuals involved. i.e name, address, phone, email, year, make, model, VIN and plate number, insurance company name, policy number, and phone number
- Once the above has been obtained, contact us as soon as possible.
- Get everyone to Safety
- Call Emergency First responders (Police/Fire)
- Do what you can to prevent any further damage from occurring, but DO NOT put yourself in harms way.
- Preserve any evidence and take photos when it is safe to do so.
- Save any receipts for emergency repairs
- Contact us or your carrier as soon as possible. IF needed we can put you in touch with restoration companies to help mitigate damages and restore the property.